The research Ombudsperson is an independent figure, with a long track professional record and great personal integrity. The Ombudsperson duty is to mediate and act as counselor in matters and conflicts concerning research missconduct. It is a position appointed by General Managing and Internal Scientific Comitee.
The research Ombudsman is available to all research staff in case of suspicion of research missconduct. The Ombudsperson assures privacy realted to the information provided pointing out a research missconduct or professional conflict. In addition, Ombudsperson activities are confidential, and it is not mandatory to inform about them to formal management bodies of the institution.
The Ombudsperson monitors the general progression of research, and identifies possible conflictive areas that could evolve in problematic professional issues or research missconduct.
The Ombudsperson collaborates with a permanent comitee on ethics and research integrity (CRI) which complements and support the Ombudsperson actions.
IDIBELL Ombudsman: Dr. Francesc Xavier Bosch
Ombudsman assistant: Dr. Francisco Miguel Torres
Comitee of Research Integrity
- Josep Manuel Menchón, President. Scientific Director
- Xavier Bosch, Vice-president. Ombudsman
- Jaume Reventós, Vocal. Director
- Isabel Fabregat, Vocal. FIDIBELL Representant
- Carles Solsona, Vocal. UB Representant
- Carlos Alberto Gonzàlez, Vocal. ICO Representant
- Josep Maria Grinyó, Vocal. HUB Representant
- Carles Soriano, Vocal. ad hoc Miguel Servet researcher nominated
Good Research Practices Guide IDIBELL
To contact the Ombudsman office, please use the following e-mail: